Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Growth

Our garden is coming along nicely! It is already getting into the 90's here during the day. We will drench the garden in the mornings and it is dry as a bone by nightfall...so we drench it again! We have everything planted but there is a portion of the garden that stays pretty shady so we are not sure if everything will grow back in that corner.

In our front yard garden we have planted a variety of tomato plants, red/yellow bell peppers, pimento peppers, hot peppers, eggplant, lettuce, spinach, carrots, radishes, sugar snap peas, yellow squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, and cucumbers. YUM
I can not wait to make fried green tomatoes!

Sugar snap peas- we are putting in something for them to grow up today.


little baby lettuce



Our little Herb nook...I cook with these all the time. I love stepping out my front door and clipping away with what I need.


Cute little blurry picture of London. I told him to smile for the camera, and he did :)


Me and London


Here is a new piece in the shop called "Sun Kissed" - I like how she turned out!

New abstract piece called "Morning"

And one more piece that is part of my Mod Kitchen Collection..."Strawberry" (notice it is in front of my garden- tee hee)
Let me know if you have a garden and how it is going. I have heard that since the economy is so crumby these days many people are giving it a go. I hope they feel the rewards of growing plants and eating them like we do. Oh and our blueberry bushes already have blueberries on them. They are plumper every day and I can't wait to taste them. ahhh
Happy gardening!




No comments: