Thursday, June 5, 2008

Let's Hit the Woods

Ahhh- I am longing for the days of a little backpacking or Car Camping. Since our son has been born we have not been. Yes that was almost a year 1/2 ago. I guess we could always leave him behind at the grand parents but I hate to do that when I don't HAVE to. So to make up for not getting my hand dirty out in the woods I make art about it. Here is the original piece I made which I sold the original and now only have prints




Water's Edge Campsite -original was 5 x 5

I redid it and call this one RiverSide Campsite and it is 10 x 10. I did not have the exact same fabiric which is ok with me as I like to have my originals slightly different making them still original- ha


So I encourage those who do not have small children holding them back to hit the woods for me and have a good old time. If you like these I have many other camping pieces throughout my Etsy shop. Just click on the "outdoorsy folks" category and you will find many more goodies. Also I have many prints of camping originals I have sold.

2 comments:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Love these tent pictures Shellie. Take your wee one camping too! They sleep really well with all that fresh air. Saying that though we took our 9 and 2 year old children camping last summer and it was hard going, especially with Scottish weather! We camped up and down the west coast for two weeks and I did not see any other toddlers at all. We are doing it again this year though only we are ventring over to the west of Ireland. Wish my tent was as groovey as yours!

shellieartist said...

Oh wow..that sounds fabulous! I think that we may try to go at the end of the summer- if not we will for sure take him next summer!