Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ahh Summer....where does the time go?

London Showing us that he knows where his feet are (look at the golden tan).



I have not blog at all so far this July (oops). We have been laying low and trying not to drive very far which is one of the only down falls to living out in a smaller city. We miss the good resturants and really only have 2 good ones out here. One is the Thai place (Bo Thai - it is some of the best thai food out there - imo) and the Mexican resturant (La Miriachi's - sp?) which has GREAT BIG MARGARITAS and they are yummy and pricey - but we can sit out on the covered patio and drink them up while eating chips and salsa!


I do wish there were more parks and things we could walk to on these wonderful summer nights but I guess I would still rather be out here then in Charlotte :) We have an acre of land and a big house which would never be possible in the city limit.
My Farmers Market Salad - YUM


I hit the farmers markets a few weeks ago in Matthews NC and Waxhaw NC - oh did I get so many goodies. Here is a salad I made from some of them...delish!

We did not grow Tomatoes this summer which I am regreting everyday so I picked up some green Heirloom ones at the Farmers Market to fry up for dinner - HEAVEN!

What a tasty treat to indulge in every once and a while...for real.

Scott and I chillin. I thought this was a nice picture of us if you excuse my pool hair- ha haAnyway, we are about to go out and play some Bocce ball in the front yard..soon followed by some red wine. I love summer nights!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just catching up on your blog. . . . it's been a while. And while I read this one, I realized what a parallel life you and I are leading right now. Both out in the country, away from "civilization," dealing with the pros and cons (mostly pros) of being out of the city life. Both staying at home with our kid(s) and doing art. I don't know, it's just neat!
Lish