Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sunset Brightness

This week I have had the pleasure of working with a fabulous client on 2 custom pieces. Above you can see the first piece I did for her. It is a take on the below piece (which is called "A Thousand Kisses") but with a sunset sky and a little bit of blue. She is giving this piece as a wedding gift and I so hope they love it.


Also, in case anyone was wondering, when working on custom pieces I try to get the piece as close to what the customer envisions, which is sometimes different then what I see...and that's ok. Below is the original fabrics I used. The rolling green hills and the green and white fabric were traded out for blue ones and I think it was a great choice. PS- I still love the green and white fabric...so bright. :)


Sunset River Trip - original fabric on wood art
This is the second piece she commissioned. It is a take on the original river trip which I explain below that I only have in print now. The sunset goes from warm yellow and orange to a red then purple. I think the sunset makes it a whole lot of fun and I hope this makes her smile (because this one is for her self) :)


Here is the original River Trip - which can be found only in 8.5 x 11 archival prints or postcards in my shop. The original was bought as a gift to Ben from Humbleglory who I never see around etsy anymore but he was a super nice guy.

That is all for now...I must go entertain my toddler who refused to nap today. It's either NO nap or a 4 hour nap but no inbetween. Ha


No comments: