Sunday, December 23, 2007

Digging up Old Treasures

"Just Because"
Pen and Ink sketch- scanned in- I have a print for sale in my Etsy shop


"Midnight Dance"

This is a rubbing from a wood cutt I did- I will have a digitally touched up print for sale in my Etsy shop soon- so keep an eye out!

So now that I have the whole scanner and printer thing going I thought it would be a good idea to dig up some old treasures. This meaning old sketches and rubbing from wood cutts. I have piles and pile of sketchbooks that I used to use almost as a daily journal. I now draw directly onto the wood when I am doing my fabric on wood pieces b/c then I don't have to redraw something (b/c it never comes out like it did the first time).

I actually used to be really into printmaking in college and I so wish that I had access to a studio now. I have really come to find my self artistcally since then and can only imagine the things I could come up with now. It was sometimes such a struggle to figure out who I was in college. I had my style for sure but I have grown so much. I would not take any of it back of course b/c those were great times and the struggles have directed me to who I am today!
I hope that you all are having a wonderful Holiday Season! Cheers!!!

No comments: