Monday, December 17, 2007

Shooting Star!

I am not lying the other night as my husband and I were headed home from having dinner with some friends we saw a shooting star race across the sky. We both said "Oh my gosh, did you see that!?" at the exact same time. This thing was so gigantic that we then began to question wether it really was a shooting star or something sent by a terrorist or a crashing plane. We held our breaths for the next few minutes waiting for an explosion or something....but nothing.


I have been so fortunate to see a few shooting stars before while down in the Florida Keys. I love the keys and have been there many a times. The last time I was there was about 6 years ago almost exactly. I went down with 10 friends and we rented this great little how on one the Islands. This house had a ladder that led up to the roof (I know not the safest thing since we all had our fair share of drinks). We would go up there at night when the stars were soooo BRIGHT! I think we saw at least 2 or 3 shooting stars every night. The funny thing is when I got back from the trip (all tan and golden in the middle of Dec.) is when I met Scott my now husband for the first time. Of course he had a girlfriend at the time and we didn't see each other again until the next summer- but I have been told that I left an impression on him (with my florida tan!- hee hee).

"Lover on a Starless Night" - Original Fabric on Wood art

Here is a new piece that is starless but I thought it was oddly fitting of all this talk of shooting stars! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like shooting stars too, but I gotta say that my life was virtually changed the night I saw the aurora borealis. It was absolutely breathtaking! Maybe you could do one of your magical pieces with that topic - you know who will want it! :)